Thursday, May 22, 2014

The Minimal Face

1 – Add a light base.

Stick to a good base with light coverage. This doesn’t include the Makeup Forever HD foundation or Estee Lauder’s Double Wear, so fight the temptation girls. I suggest a tinted moisturizer or a BB cream. I have opted for Maybelline’s Dream Fresh BB. It’s an amazing product with decent coverage and evens out your skin tone. 


 2 – Conceal


If a few spots are peeking through, that alright! It’s not the end of the world. Do a little spot concealing and if needed, add some underneath the eyes to hide your lack of sleep over the past new nights.





3 – Set

            Set your face with a powder, if needed.


4 – Eyes

If you have oily lids, like myself, prime the lids with a good primer. I LOVE the Nars Pro Prime. It’s the only primer that doesn’t crease on me. Apply a light brush of colour all over the lid and a bright shade on the inner corner to make yourself look awake.


5 –Curl and apply lashings of mascara

Since we are skipping the eyeliner, make sure to give your eyelashes a good curl and apply generous coats of mascara. Key Tip : once you mascara has fully dried go back in with your curler. Just be careful not to rip your eyes out. Be gentle!


6 – Blush

My favourite part! Add some colour back into your face by applying a pink toned blush. Go light again. I get a little excited with my blush. But HEY! That never killed anybody. I do love the look of rosy cheeks.


7 – Lips

            I tend to apply a nude gloss over my lips or something with a plum undertone. 



THERE WE GO! In 7 easy steps you are ready to conquer the world. You will look fresh and put together. The above routine takes me no longer than 10 minutes, so I have a fuss free morning and ready to run out the door without worrying.









No comments:

Post a Comment

INSTAGRAM