Tuesday, June 3, 2014

The Wide-awake Look


This easy-peasy make-up look will make you look put together and like you put a little extra effort to get ready in the morning. Stay tuned for an easy tutorial to feel and look your best with minimal make-up.

1
Start with a clean canvas. I added a bit of Bioderma on a cotton pad to cleanse my face of any makeup residue and sebum.


2
Prime the lids. This is a must for oily-lid people, like myself, because makeup always likes to slip and slide around my face. I prefer my eye shadow to stay on my lids and not melt down my cheeks – yes! It’s that serious. I used MAC’s Paintpot in “Painterly”.


3
Add a sweep of a light matte shade all over the lid to even out any discolouration and hide the viens. I busted out my Naked 2 palette and used ‘Foxy’ all over my lids, right up to the brow bone.


4
An inner corner highlight does wonders to your look because it can really brighten your whole face. I used the shade ‘Bootycall’ from the same palette, which is a white colour with a bit of shimmer.


5
Thank God for concealer! My face has never been this horrendous in a while and hence I am dependent on this product for myself to feel human again – not the best thing. I applied MAC’s Prolong Wear Concealer underneath my eyes and over any hyperpigmentation.


6
Go for a light coverage foundation. I actually mixed my daily moisturizer with Laura Mercier’s Tinted Moisturizer on the back of my hand and applied this mixture all over my face.


7
I finished off the eyes with nude eyeliner in the waterline, because this gives a doll-like effect and works wonders for people with small eyes – ie like myself. Make sure to curl your eyelashes, which will further open your eyes. Then, add your favourite mascara. The nude liner I used was Rimmel’s Waterproof Kohl Kajal in Nude 005 and the mascara is L’Oreal’s Telescopic Mascara.


8
Set your masterpiece in place with powder. I used Maybelline’s Dream Matte Powder.


9
Instead of a blush, go for a light bronzer to bring some colour back into your face. I used Rimmel’s Natural Bronzer in the shade Sun Dance 027. It is probably 2 shades darker than my skin tone and has a little bit of shimmer to it which adds subtle dimension. Add this product underneath your cheekbones.



10
Lipsssss don’t lie! Add a tinted lip balm or a sheer gloss. I applied L’Oreal’s Colour Riche Balm in the shade Tender Mauve 518.



Simple, Fast and Easy! Good Luck tackling the world. Remember to stay strong and never forget that beauty is skin deep.



Much Love,
xx

Now for some sill-ies




No comments:

Post a Comment

INSTAGRAM